Help us to improve FileAudit

No data for monitored folder

Monitoring \\fileserver\i$ and events are being listed in Real Time view.

Added \\fileserver\f$ and accepted "Let FileAudit automatically..." but no events show up in File access viewer. Hit refresh and get warning "The NTFS audit needs to be configured". Click Next, Next, Finish and get message "Configuration of the NTFS audit started". Events aren't appearing so I click refresh again and go through this cycle a few times.

Went back into Audit Configuration and \\fileserver\f$ shows "Not configured" under NTFS audit. I click "Remove" but it doesn't get removed unless I back out and try again several times. Also, it really #?!4ç* that the every time I click something on this page the selection jumps back to the first option.

I added \\fileserver\j$ and though the program tells me that the auditing is not configured I do get events on this drive. Huh?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    License AdminLicense Admin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Jean-Noël HAASJean-Noël HAAS commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

For Anonymous. Did you wait that the folder is completely configured? Does it show as Configured or Configuring in the audit configuration? If there is a lot of sub folders and files in it, it may take a while until it is configured.
        If needed, you can hit the F12 key in the FileAudit console to run the diagnostic tool. At the end of the process you can pick up the files Diagnostics.txt and ServiceLog.txt in the displayed folder and send us a zipped copy at support@isdecisions.com. We will give you indications accordingly.

• Anonymous commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I am having the same issue "No access event has been detected" when I have auditing enabled on a folder.

• IS DecisionsAdminIS Decisions (Team, IS Decisions) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello,

Thanks for your interest in FileAudit.

Our technical support team will assist you. Could you please open the FileAudit console
        and hit the F12 key. It will launch our diagnostic tool allowing to get all FileAudit configuration
        settings and logs.

When finished, a folder will be open with all files required to investigate. Please zip and send them to support@isdecisions.com.

Thanks !

Major Update to UserLock. Learn more

Feedback and Knowledge Base