Help us to improve FileAudit

Alerts

Under User I know you can leave it blank to alert if any user accesses a file, but is it possible to list a few users or even a AD group to be alerted when a file is accessed?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • sso
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Jonathan McDowellJonathan McDowell shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

5 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • sso
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • yoonghon chanyoonghon chan commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Regarding with the features of Alert, can set my threshold value as size of folder? Or any can I write any scripting to configure it?

• Alfonso LopezAlfonso Lopez commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And what about an option for exclude users from an alert?
        Because I have configured an alert and i have exclude a service account in the program configuration, but when the backup program start with the service account I receive more than 1000 messages telling me that the service account is accessing to the motorized folder...
        can you include an option in the alert configuration to exclude accounts? i don't ming to include one account by one but this option is really necessary

• IS DecisionsAdminIS Decisions (Team, IS Decisions) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hi Mark. Thanks for testing FileAudit.

Filtering by AD is not added yet to the current version but is under study for Version 5 coming in June 2015.

However we have added another facility on the "User" field of the File Access Viewer, the Report and the Alert formusing a specific syntax. You can now filter events specifying several users separated by a comma (e.g. user1,user2,user3) and you can also exclude several users form the filter (e.g. *,-user1,-user2,-user3).

I hope this will help you waiting for the AD group filtering.

• IS DecisionsAdminIS Decisions (Team, IS Decisions) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Hello Jonathan,
        For the time being, the 'User' field only allows you to define an alert for a specific user.
        The ability to select several users or Active Directory groups is part of our backlog and will be added to FileAudit next version.
        Thanks a bunch for your valuable feedback.

Major Update to UserLock. Learn more

Feedback and Knowledge Base